Friday, June 12, 2009

Faith of A Child


My sister-in-law Cathy and her husband Jesse were visiting here in Cedar and brought their cute lovable dog Norbert and the kids really enjoyed having a dog around. I took the boys to see the Opening Ceremony fireworks for the Utah Summer Games and they asked Cathy if they could please bring the dog. We had a lot of fun running around with Norbert and he was also receiving a lot of attention from all the little girls , he is a very well tempered dog.



Carson running with Norbert



The fireworks began and Norbert was a little scared but we wrapped him up in our blanket and I just held on to him. It was then time for the grand finale - fireworks were going off like crazy. Norbert got very scared and ended up wriggling out of his collar. My heart stopped --he was off and running. I told the boys to try and go after him. I saw the kids running in between groups of people and yelling for the dog. It was a nightmare. Cars leaving the area and people everywhere. I caught up with Carson and he said he lost everyone . I could not believe this was happening! Cathy and Jesse love this dog, they treat him like their baby. Carson was trying not to cry and said he felt sad for Cathy, Jesse and Norbert. I told Carson we needed to go back to where are chairs were and say a prayer. As we were heading back Carson turned around and saw Mason, HE HAD NORBERT!!! I ran over to him and Mason's arms were shaking from carrying the dog for so long. . I was so relieved, and Triston said to me

" Mom, we said a prayer to find the dog. I told Mason, you know some of the most faithful powerful LDS men have prayed to Heavenly Father for help, I think we can do the same to help us find Norbert."

I just stopped in my tracks. What a wonderful statement.
Some of God's most faithful have had to pray for help and guidance. To know that our Heavenly Father is here for us during big or small problems, that He treats us all the same during our times of need is a wonderful feeling.
We can pray for miracles or pray to find a lost dog and by our faith we can receive His guidance and love.

"....and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." Mosiah 3:19

5 comments:

Fat and on Fire said...

Thanks for finding the baby Norbert boys! He had a lot of fun with all of you! Thanks guys!

Nat Lud said...

What a sweet story! You have such awesome boys!

Christensen Family said...

That is a great experience they will always remember. They can pray and know they are loved in time of need.

Christensen Family said...

btw your a great mom teaching them right for them to know they can pray. love ya.

Melissa said...

Don't you just love kids! They are so innocent, and full of faith. They teach us sometimes more than we teach them, I think.

I am so glad you found Norbert! Miss ya guys!