Monday, June 8, 2009

Carson turns 9!!


Well my baby turned 9 today so this is the last little kid party I will ever put together. I am soooo sad. I just love doing parties.
Carson decided on Friday he wanted a Pirate theme so I only had 2 days to throw this one together-not my normal 4-5 weeks but he had tons of fun and I'm glad he did.
I had to be to work at 8am so I made his birthday breakfast early as you can see but he did come out for a few pictures and to humor me some too.


Here is the Pirate face cake--? Not sure what I think about it


The kids took a quiz first to see what type of pirate they were....


then I divided them into 2 teams. They came up with
a pirate name and made their flag...

THE PIRATES


THE TURDS



then it was all out war! With water balloon cannons they
had to defend their ships



next they all had to "walk the plank" race ......


pin the "Patch on the Pirate".....


hit my home made canon ball pinata that lasted for one hit...


And then finally cake


Some one once told me "they do grow up" and I can't
believe how fast it is happening to my kids.
I just love my "Carso"

7 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Trecia! You are quite the party mama! That is awesome. Love all the themed games and stuff and the cake rocked! What a fun birthday. He'll always remember that one.

Melissa said...

Cute party and you pulled it off in 2 days- you deserve the Mom of the year award! I loved the cake- great job! I will be calling you for ideas for sure!

Christensen Family said...

Aww no more parties! BIG ones anyways. It was fun at the pirates pizza place.

Yvonne said...

Wow! You did all that w/no plans??? Looks like lots of fun! I like the cake too :)

Melissa said...

Wow...Mom's don't come better than you. What an awesome mom you are!! You are so creative. It looks like such a fun party. Happy Birthday Carson. I can not believe how fast time goes. It is too crazy that he is already 9 years old.... I may have to copy some of these ideas of yours some time.

Sanders said...

Things that made me laugh: the pic of Carson crashed out on the table in front of his birthday breakfast, the pirate cake hahaha!, the homemade cannon ball pinata(I made one once, I called it a dinosaur egg) hahaha....lol

You are one creative lady, especially in a crunch! I can't wait to see you in November!

Oh btw, I actually update my blog and no, pigs are not flying out my butt!

Linda Liebhardt said...

What a PARTY person you are! Those lucky kids of yours will have such fun memories to look back on. How fun. We used to do birthday breakfasts in our family, too! I don't recall anyone ever sleeping through one, however --HA! And I love your new bike. How come I never see it parked out in front of the library with my boring black cruiser? HMMMMM? Got a helmet? I'm all for saving brains--we only get one, you know!