Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pearl Harbor


What an incredible experience Pearl Harbor was. We first walked around and looked at all the memorial displays and listened to a narration, then watched a short film containing actual footage which was very moving, then the Navy took us out by boat to the memorial. We brought our leis because you may throw those into the water. Nothing else, just real flowers. The Shrine Room was an amazing sight. It list all the 1,177 names of the men resting on the sunken battleship. We saw a Loveland on the wall and come to find out he is a great uncle of James'. . The really beautiful thing that is still happening today is the "Soldiers Tear". It is an oil leak that slowly spills about 2 quarts a day, and trails off into the water.
I made a really short vidoe of some of our pictures, just click on the picture above

3 comments:

Christensen Family said...

My goodness! Here I am eating an ice-cream, crying, looking at your video. It was a very neat thing to see, and I am greatful for the military men like James great uncle.

Melissa said...

Wow Trecia, that was an amazing slide show you put together. I love the music you put with it. It got me very emotional. I think you may be in the wrong line of work. You are AMAZING! Thanks for sharing this post.

Sanders said...

I'm sure that was really something to actually be there! I did get your message Tree, I know I am totally slacking the blogging dept. but alas, I don't have cool things like Hawaii or teepeeing my own house to blog about! :op