Monday, April 6, 2009

Hawaii

Where to start? It was amazing, beautiful, exciting, and I did some pretty wild things that I thought I would never do. At one point I didn't think I was going to make it alive but as you see I did. I just love the people of Hawaii. They are so kind, sharing and loving.
I think I will do what my sister did on her blog and do a day by day break down with pictures. I'll try not to bore you too much but we did so many things, had tons of fun and I want to share all of my excitement and memories.

Day One
James and I left the Las Vegas airport at 3am (there was a one hour delay due to some kind of malfunction of a part on the plane!). When we arrived in O'hau we were greeted with a lei that was so pretty

We arrived a few hours before everyone else so we shopped at a market and I think the worlds biggest Ross! It was two stories with women and shoes on the first floor and the men and house stuff on the second.

Our first Hawaiian meal was at a local fave called ZIPPY'S where we ate rice, eggs, and spam-interesting- and then we got a Hawaiian pastry at NAPOLEON"S Bakery

Waiting at my families hotel in the lobby! It is amazing how most of the buildings don't have glass in the windows, no doors or walls. Everything is just so open

Our hotel room view over looking Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

Our lobby and the valet area--all out doors with beautiful waterfalls

This is just a picture of all the stop lights down a street. The locals always comment that "we will be there in 15 hawaiin minutes so sit back and relax"

A Hawaiian Betty Boop and lunch at another local favorite. More rice, eggs, and spam anyone?

We did more this day but I will post it later because I don't have all the pictures yet and it was pretty exciting and the day I almost died!!

4 comments:

Hali said...

I'm green with ENVY! Seriously! I'm not sure I can forgive you for going without me... but I'll work on it ;-).

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I cant wait to hear all of your stories. Thanks for sharing the pretty pics. See you soon!

Nat Lud said...

Looks like so much fun! I didn't even know you were headed there! We are going in October so I'm loving this little preview. :) How fun.

Melissa said...

Wow....I am so jealous! It looks so beautiful. Looks like you had a great time!

Sanders said...

Yeah, there is an application on facebook where you trade lives with someone, was wanting to use that one on you while you were in Hawaii. Sorry that I missed you cause of all the secrecy.

NOT, however, envious of the spam, that stuff goes into the container in liquid form and them congeals, EWWW!